Home Travel Grants
FEBS YTF Awards
A limited number of FEBS Youth Travel Funds (YTF) Awards and one transcontinental YTF Awards are available to support participation of early-career scientists in this event. These funds will cover the registration fee (including costs of event meals, and shared accommodation in a triple room) and possibly a contribution towards travel expenses, up to a maximum of 625 EUR per person and 1500 USD per person in the case of transcontinental YTF award. The selection of applicants to receive FEBS YTF awards will be carried out by the Course Organizers on the basis of the scientific merit of the candidate (CV and submitted abstract) and motivation letter, and approved by the FEBS Treasury Office according to the FEBS YTF eligibility criteria (also shown below).
Application and notification of outcome:
Please check the Applications section of the website. In the platform's registration system, (i) include proof of your society membership in the file you upload with supporting documents, and (ii) answer yes to the question asking about interest in applying for a FEBS YTF award.
Applicants selected by the Course Organizers will be notified by 15 February 2019 and receive a FEBS Treasury YTF form, to be returned to the FEBS Treasury for approval approximately 8 weeks before the event's start date.
Eligibility criteria for applicants travelling from the FEBS area of Europe and neighbouring regions:
- The applicant should be not older than 35, should be registered as a PhD student at an institute of higher learning in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society or should be a postdoctoral scientist within five years of having completed a PhD thesis, working in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society;
- The applicant must be a member of a FEBS Constituent Society and provide a valid certificate of membership (for FEBS Constituent Societies, see the Our Members section of the FEBS website);
- The applicant should not have received a grant from the Youth Travel Fund to attend a FEBS Course / Workshop in the current year or previous year, nor a Bursary to attend the FEBS Congress in the current year, nor a grant to attend the FEBS Young Scientists’ Forum in the current year;
- The applicant cannot be a resident of the country hosting the event;
- For awards with travel funding, only travel within the FEBS area from the applicant’s current country of residence to the country hosting the FEBS event is supported;
- Young scientists from the Organizers’ laboratories are not eligible for FEBS YTF awards.
Note: Additional travel support (maximum of 100€ extra/candidate) for YTF awardees from Hinari B countries is available if requested from FEBS Treasury.
Hinari B countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, , Hungary, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine
One transcontinental YTF award is offered as a result of support from IUBMB for participation of scientists from outside the FEBS area in this event. For eligibility crtieria, please find the guidelines here on the FEBS website.
For applicants travelling from outside the FEBS area:
Other travel grants & Prizes
The Sphingolipid Club Best Talks Awards
|The Sphingolipid Club (SLC) sponsors "The SLC Best Talks Awards" to PhD students or early-stage post-docs presenting a short talk at the FEBS Special Meeting in Sphingolipid Biology. Awards of 500€ each and a certificate will be given to the best four talks selected by a scientific committee.|
FEBS Letters Poster Prize
|FEBS Letters sponsors "The FEBS Letters poster prize" to a PhD student or an early-stage post-doc presenting unpublished work that fits within the scope of the journal. One poster prize consisting on 200€ and a certificate will be attributed to the best poster selected by a scientific committee.|
Journal of Cell Science Poster Prize
|The Journal of Cell Science sponsors "The JCS poster prize" to a PhD student or an early-stage post-doc presenting a poster at the FEBS Special Meeting in Sphingolipid Biology. One poster prize consisting on a 1-year online subsctription to JCS will be attributed to the best poster selected by a scientific committee.|